My Stamping Corner

Friday, July 16, 2010

King of the Wild Things...

Happy Friday, everyone!! My DH and I have been busy the past couple of days helping our daughter get her new condo (new to her!) in shape. The previous owner had a large dog that shed like crazy and we've been cleaning up hair for days! Who knew a dog could shed that much hair?!!! Yesterday, I spent a large part of the day just cleaning the kitchen. It felt so good when it was all sparkling and shiny clean! Why is it always so much easier (and more fun!) to clean someone else's house than your own? :)

This is a card I made some time ago and totally forgot about. You know how sometimes you just have to clean up your stamping area for one reason or another and things get stashed away and forgotten? Well, that's what happened with this card, so I was really excited when I came across it!


"King of the Wild Things" (one of my all time favorite Stamping Bella images!), was colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with OMS/gamsol.  I sponged around the edges with my Deckle Edge Nestabilites in place and stitched around the edges of the Basic Grey Archaic paper matted with SU black cardstock then glued that to SU Kraft cardstock.  I love this paper - it's so perfect with this image and for other dinosaur images for little boy cards. 

 The King's dinosaur skin texture was created using a technique taught by Paula, who is my IDOL when it comes to prismas!!!  (If you're lucky enough to live in the southeastern Michigan area, you should try to get in a class with her - she's the best!!) This was an easy, fun card to make and perfect for Jeanie's That's Krafty Thursday Challenge!! 

I just noticed that I didn't even add a single "sparkle" to this card!! Do you believe it?! No Stickles, no sparkles of any kind....I'm amazed I could let this card go without a single jewel!

That's it for now....hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

1 comments:

The Spotted Chick said...

OMG Priscilla, you've done it again!! This is GOR-JUSS!!! Love the colors and your coloring ROCKS! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! (((hen hugs)))