My Stamping Corner

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Welcome, Neighbor!

Last week, I went to lunch with several of my neighbors - on a week day. Doesn't sound like a big deal, does it?  But it was for me! I retired recently and never was able to do this kind of thing before so this was a big occassion for me!  We had a great time - good company, good food and good conversation.  One of the things we talked about was that a new neighbor that had moved in. I told them how much it meant to me (13 years ago!) that one of the neighbors had a 'welcome to the neighborhood' party for us where we had a chance to meet everyone. We talked about how people used to take a fresh baked cake or pie to a new neighbor to welcome them.....in the old days....and that conversation led to the idea of putting together a welcome basket for these new neighbors! One of the ladies volunteered to bake a pie too....yummmm. We're still putting it together, but so far we have a basket lined with a new kitchen dishtowel, a copy of our association directory, a boat keyring (we live on a lake), a boxed sweet pepper grow-kit, a box of sidewalk chalk for the kids, a cute little potted plant (coleus) and this card.........



I used Mo's Digital stamp "Home Tweet Home" and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils, blended with gamsol.  I used my new big scallop nestie and I even crocheted the little flower myself!!  For the inside, I printed the "welcome to the neighborhood" on my computer then stamped a little flower stamp in the corner:
I thought it turned out pretty good....hope the new neighbors like it too!

Here's the finished basket.....









Have a great day! 

0 comments: