My Stamping Corner

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowmen are pretty appropriate today!

Okay...I know everyone else is busy working on Valentine's Day cards now, but it's taken me this long to finish what I started with the snowmen! Here's the problem...my craft area is in the basement..and it's COLD down there! (brrrrrr) It's not usually bad but when the temps are in the single digits, it is definitely not a warm, cuddly place to be.

Anyway....here are my last snowmen! I wanted to try a gate-card for this one. Colored him up with my Prismacolor pencils/gamsol and added some Martha Stewart chunky snow and some stickles. The ribbon is SU and the snowflake....not sure, but it came on an acetate sheet, some having a blue rhinestone, some having a clear one. I used coordinating paper from the same collection on the inside. These are always fun to do!










The other two cards are pretty simple...just done in different color schemes.




















Wouldn't you know it? In my haste to get these done, I forgot to sew them! So I did some faux stitching to the blue & brown card and some Martha Stewart Chunky Snow and Stickles.  I did a bunch of these, but promise I won't bore you with any more!!!

On to the Valentine's Day cards!!! 

So - we're expecting about a foot of snow where I live tonight. We're really hoping our electricity stays on through the night!  I hope you live somewhere warm and don't have to deal with this storm!  Keep warm! 

0 comments: