My Stamping Corner

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love Owls and Dreamy Eyes....

Oh I am in love!! I found these adorable "Love Owls" at the DigiStamp Boutique and just had to color them up for Valentine's Day!  I want to do them in lots of colors and send them to everyone!!  But, of course, I can't do that! I'll have to use some other images because I can't send the same one to all three of my grandchildren that live in the same household...that would never do!! (hee! hee!)

I printed them out on Bella's Bestest paper (as always!), colored them with Copics, cut them out with my oval Nestabilities, sponged with some chalk ink around the edges, then matted them on a piece of cork cut out with the big scalloped oval Nestabilities.  Don't you just LOVE the dreamy eyes on these two with some Glossy Accents added?!! 

The red felt heart was cut out with yet another Nestability, cardstock run thru the Cuttlebug for some dots, double loop punched on both the Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip cardstock, then the button and ribbon added. The sentiment "Owl Always Love You" is from another set I had from last year's stash. I like how the different textures work together: bumpy dots, cork, felt, gloss, stitching... much more 'stuff' than I'm used to doing on my cards, but I really like how it turned out!!

Now back to the drawing board!!  Just three more cards to go and I'll at least have the grandkids covered for Valentine's Day!! 


3 comments:

Mina said...

oooohhhh they are brilliant with their googly eyes Priscilla...and how fantastic is that paper for them...I love it
Mina xxx

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

You know I have owls and I have never used them. I just can't seem to get something come togher with them. I really like your owls though. Very pretty colors and I like swiss dot embossing.

Mary J said...

Wow, wow, wow! Another uber cute card!