My Stamping Corner

Monday, October 18, 2010

Still trying to find my mojo.....

It's been close to a month since I posted anything....'life' seems to be getting in the way of my card making.  And the less I do, the more my mojo seems to be fading. Right now my stamping space is such a total mess - it's no wonder I don't spend more time there!  I was going to take a picture, but I'd be way too embarrassed!

Here's my attempt at Mo's Digital image "Celebrate".  I love this image! I colored it up mostly with Copics - shading with Prismas/Gamsol.  The paper is from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush collection.  The image is digital, printed on Bella's Bestest paper, other cardstock is from Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy and Almost Amethest.  The punch is Martha Stewart's Double Loops punch.  Sentiment is from an old set that was one of my first stamp sets; I think it's a Hero Art's set....not sure of the name.



This past weekend we had our annual family "Pumpkin Carving" day. Started out in the morning in 3 cars headed for the pumpkin patch!  We found one that we really like about half an hour from where we live. It's pretty basic: hayride out to the pumpkin patch, everyone jumps out and searches for that perfect pumpkin (and we all wind up with pretty much the same thing!), the hayride goes back to where our cars are parked so everyone can deposit their pumpkins then back to where we started. There's a large tent that houses the small concession stand - nothing fancy here. Just about everyone had at least a donut, some had cider, some hot chocolate. I think there's a haunted house there too, but we've never been to that.



But here's the part we like the best: the pumpkin blasters!! They have these huge "guns" that you load either with gourds or apples and shoot them at targets - it's a riot!!   


We all came back to our house for a late lunch/early dinner then we set up for our traditional pumpkin carving.  All of these events usually take place later in the day, so there's normally a few pictures when we're all finished, in the dark, of all of our pumpkins - lit up. But this year, we needed to wrap up earlier, so no final picture (boo hoo!).  Here's the one from last year....isn't this cool?!!  As you can see, we have a very imaginative group!


Here are a couple of photos from our pumpkin carving this year! :)  


0 comments: