My Stamping Corner

Monday, July 12, 2010

Keeping cool....

Whew! I don't know what it's like where you live, but this past week has been HOT, HOT, HOT here in southeastern Michigan!  Most of the week was sunny and beautiful, perfect for playing on the lake. We had our three grandkids during the day most of the week and we really took advantage of the gorgeous weather. Between the sun, the fun and the grandkids, we were totally exhausted at the end of every day....I think the kids were too!  We all thoroughly enjoyed just hanging out, cruising around in the pontoon boat, fishing, swimming, having lunch on the boat or just trying to catch minnows and playing in the sand (that was just the kids!).  Boy, did we miss them on Friday when they weren't with us!!  Here are a couple of photos I took:
















So, as a result of all this fun in the sun, I haven't had a whole lot of time for card making. I already had this image colored and just didn't know what paper to pair it with - I grabbed the same paper I used in my last card and it worked (at least I think it worked!) - what do you think?



The image is another one of Mo's Digital Pencil ~ "It's Hot". This card looks soooo much better IRL!! That grass color looks pretty putred in the photo, but honestly...it does look better than it shows here. (My photography still needs some work!)  I colored him with prismacolor pencils, blended with OMS, added some Crystal Glaze on his goggles and the pool water...with a little stickles thrown in there for some sparkle! I couldn't resist adding some water drops too!  I tried to make this as 'boyish' as I could, hopefully the ribbon didn't ruin that.

This coming week looks like it might be a little rainy, but still HOT!  When the sun's shining, I'll be keeping cool lounging on the boat, swimming, and enjoying another week of my first summer being retired! 

Keep cool!!





0 comments: